Montgomery Infant School and Nursery Vision Statement
Montgomery Infant School and Nursery strives to motivate and empower everyone in the school community to achieve their full potential as life long learners, whilst nurturing their individuality in a joyful and respectful environment.
Our aims at Montgomery Infant School and Nursery are:
- to offer all children a broad and balanced curriculum which is differentiated to take account of differing starting points and abilities;
- to encourage active participation of parents, friends and fellow professionals in the life of the school;
- to develop a partnership between parent, teacher and child;
- to raise children's awareness of what it means to live in a wider community;
- to integrate new children sensitively, demonstrating our awareness of the stress involved in adjusting to a new environment.
- to develop an understanding and appreciation of the range of cultures within our society;
- to promote positive behaviour and foster responsible attitudes, co-operation, consideration, confidence, independence, enthusiasm, self-esteem and self-discipline;
- to provide a stimulating, secure, caring and happy environment;
At Montgomery Infant School and Nursery, we uphold 'British Values' by:
All children are treated fairly and have an equal right to express their views and be listened to. Children have the opportunity to have their voices heard through the School Council.
Rules of law
The school’s ‘Golden Rules’ are shared with all children. Children are taught why rules are important and the consequences if they should forget to follow any of the rules.
All classrooms are set up to promote independence and children are encouraged to challenge their own learning through a range of activities including those which are accessible from home. Children are taught how to keep safe.
Through assemblies and the curriculum, including the hidden curriculum, children are taught how to respect others even if their opinions and ideas differ from their own.
Tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
We celebrate the ‘Montgomery Family’ and are proud of the rich cultural differences that our families bring to the school. This is supported in our teaching of RE and in assemblies.
Equality Act 2010
At Montgomery Infant School and Nursery we do not discriminate against age, disability,ethnictiy and race, gender identity and reassignment, faith, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity and breastfeeding, sexual identity and orientation