Privacy Notice – Data Protection Act 1998
Montgomery Infant School and Nursery is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act. We collect information from your child and may receive information about your child from your previous school and the Learning Records Service. We hold this personal data and use it to:
- Support teaching and learning;
- Monitor and report progress;
- Provide appropriate pastoral care, and
- Assess how well the school is doing.
This information includes you and your child’s contact details, national curriculum assessment results, attendance information and personal characteristics such as your ethnic group, any special educational needs and relevant medical information.
We will not give information about you to anyone outside the school without your consent unless the law and our rules allow us to.
We are required by law to pass some information about you to the Local Authority (LA) and the Department for Education (DfE). Where appropriate we will also send information to relevant National Health Service personnel (e.g. school nurses) information on individual pupils changing school or address to ensure their continuity of health care.
If you want to see a copy of the information about you that we hold and/or share, please contact the School Office. Or, if you require more information about how the Local Authority (LA) and/or DfE store and use your information, then please go to the following websites:
If you are unable to access these websites we can send you a copy of this information. Please contact the LA or DfE as follows:
- Data Protection Officer, Essex County Council, County Hall, Chelmsford, CM1 1JZ
- Public Communications Unit, Department for Education, Sanctuary Buildings, Great Smith Street, London, SW1P 3BT
- Website: education.gov.uk
- Email: http://www.education.gov.uk/help/contactus
- Telephone: 0370 000 2288